Friday, May 20, 2011

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts



A festival that I have been wanting to go to for years now! I have made it a present to myself that after I graduate college I will treat myself to go! For those who have never heard of Glastonbury it is basically a three day music festival that goes on rain or shine! They have comedy, dance, theatre, cabaret, live art, and many more brilliant things to see. Glastonbury has been active since the 1970s and every year they improve and grow. The festival is over 900 acres with 385 live performances, and over 150,000 people attend each day. In 2007 Glastonbury hosted over 700 acts and had over 80 stages on the grounds. Amazing! This year they plan on having it bigger than ever and raking in over $100 million annually! that's a lot. They take all genres of music rock, dance, hip-hop, world, pop, reggae, folk, metal, and so much more. Even though this event for this year is sold out you can still admire the line-up ! Like for the past 4 years I will be at home watching the festival from my warm living room in California.

One of my favorite videos from the Glastonbury performance is from Goldfrapp