Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kings of Leon at Coachella

Kings of Leon headlined one of the nights at Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival 2011 in Indio, CA. While watching their set, I realized that it was one of the moments that I will never forget about. For me it's not just about the performer but the surroundings that make an epic show. There was something about being in the open desert and under the night sky that made this show not like any other. Caleb Followill's voice reminds me of the desert vibes and when he sang The Bucket I got chills. The elements of a memorable concert is the setting, the music, and the people.
The crowd was a huge part of making an unforgettable show. Being surrounded by people that let their guard down during a concert, is powerful. We are all there because we all share something in common, the love for music (KOL). I look to my right and people don't have a care in the world, and I look to my left and there are people dancing and enjoying life. I look behind me and there is a huge (I mean HUGE) crowd behind me, just watching Kings of Leon set. We were all there together simply enjoying music. I never really understood the power of music until that point.